Questions about Accumulation/Distribution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about Accumulation/Distribution

I understand that the Accumulation/Distribution study is a formula involving both price and volume for stocks.

What does the study use for volume in regards to the futures SP #F? Tick volume? If so, what is Tick volume?

In a user defined spread such as COP - 2 * REP, it seems the other studies use the final calculated price as if the spread were a stock. How is volume taken into consideration for the ACC/DIS study on such a spread? In other words, is the ACC/DIS study essentially invalid for spreads?

Thank you for you time,

Voodootrue

Voodootrue

What does the study use for volume in regards to the futures SP #F? Tick volume? If so, what is Tick volume?
    In the case of SP #F (and other pit traded futures ) it depends on the interval. On daily or higher intervals Volume is the actual number of contracts exchanged. On intraday charts Volume is Tick Volume ie the number of updates for a given interval.
    For more information on Volume with futures you may want to see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase

How is volume taken into consideration for the ACC/DIS study on such a spread?
    In the case of a spread it uses the Volume for that spread which is [as I understand it] the sum of the Volumes of the components of the spread
    Alex

Comment

Thank you.

Regarding the spread - that makes sense considering the study I was seeing - that the volume is based on a SUM even though the formula for price is based on a DIFFERENCE - if the volume were calculated via the spread formula, the results wouldn't make as much sense [to me]. Ok, good.

Yes I read the article - thank you. I hadn't found it in my previous searches.

I appreciate the assistance.

- Voodootrue

Comment

Voodootrue
        You are most welcome
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X