questions re: close()

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions re: close()

this is a multipart question (more later) helping me straighten out my tangled understanding and I appreciate the help.

starting very simply:

1) does close() update with every new tick for the current bar?

mitboy
    close() will update on the current bar on every execution of the efs
    Alex

Comment

Alexis (or anyone)...

2) how is "every execution of the efs" defined? I mean - are you saying that any efs that is loaded simply runs continuously, looping its logic?

3) does anyone have a quick (or if not quick then effective) work around of this insane 7 "sym" limit?

Comment

mitboy
        2) Unless you use setComputeOnClose() in which case an efs will execute once only on completed bars, an efs will execute on every tick (ie trade) except with some electronically traded futures (such as ES or NQ) in which case an efs will execute only when
        - Current trade price is different than the previous trade price.
        - Current trade price is at the bid and previous trade was at the ask or vice versa. The two trade prices can be the same in this instance.
        With tick based charts (Tick, Volume, Seconds or Price-change) instead an efs executes on every trade even with those symbols.
        For more information on the structure of an efs you may want to review the Beginner's Tutorials which are available in the EFS KnowledgeBase in the Help Guides and Tutorials folder.
        3) To my knowledge that limit is set intentionally by eSignal and I am not aware of a workaround
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X