Launch EXTERNAL Program from EFS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Launch EXTERNAL Program from EFS?

Help--How do I go about launching an external program from an efs (in this case an exe file). I could not find an internal command to do this but im SURE there must be a java command to do so. Launch url except replace with a file::c:/ or something etc??

Geoff

Thanks!!

Re: Launch EXTERNAL Program from EFS?

Hello Geoff,

Originally posted by glay
    Help--How do I go about launching an external program from an efs (in this case an exe file). I could not find an internal command to do this but im SURE there must be a java command to do so. Launch url except replace with a file::c:/ or something etc??

Geoff

Thanks!!
    EFS is not intended to be used for this type of operation, which is why EFS does not currently have any built-in functionality to accommodate this routine. However, feel free to submit a request for this to development at [email protected].
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Yes but certainly there must be some trick or work around someone has thought of?
      I thought of one but may be a little crude:

Use the EFS to write a batch file by using a.open and then have a secondary program/file monitoring for that files existance. When it appears it will run the commands inside of that file then remove the file.

This seems doable or maybe another 'duct tape' type solution? Suggestions welcome.

Comment

Geoff,

Check out the ShellExecuteExample.efs located here:
        http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...es&groupid=114
        You could use that to execute about any .exe file.

Comment

smeyer,

That's pretty great! Thanks. Will have to send Chris a shout out too.

Geoff

Comment

That is great. I was looking for an easy way to launch a browser from an EFS. I will use this too!

Comment

Yes thanks to this, I am now auto trading with my Infinity AT account via an auto hot key program I launch whenever there is a trade.

Geoff

Comment

Working...
              X