Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote Window Alarms

Hi. Could anyone help me on this...

1. Is it possible to use an indicator or study that triggers an alarm from the quote window without having the corresponding adv chart displayed?

I.e. I want to monitor stocks within the quote window and then pull up the chart when a particular stock triggers.

2. Can I scan stocks for set ups?

Cheers

James

Hello James,

1. An EFS study that produces alerts must be running in an active Advanced Chart. EFS does not run in a quote window.

2. Market scanning is not possible with EFS.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

hi Jason,

thx for your reply. I've been wadding my way through the EFS site and had started to realise that to be the case. Just of interest (as this is something I like) I had a quick glance at Trade Station Radar Screen and I think they do now alarm off a quote window.

I'm using an eSig default StochasticRSI.efs which I like - but haven't yet sorted how to make it 'alarm'. Is it possible?

Ps. I run scanners in another program flitering for set-ups both price & indicator based which I find very useful for daily swing trading.

Comment

Hello James,

Originally posted by James 88
        hi Jason,

thx for your reply. I've been wadding my way through the EFS site and had started to realise that to be the case. Just of interest (as this is something I like) I had a quick glance at Trade Station Radar Screen and I think they do now alarm off a quote window.
        You're most welcome.

There are some basic alerts that you can set in a Quote window (right-click on a symbol and select Set Alert). However, the Quote window cannot run EFS formulas at this time. Please feel free to submit a suggestion for this feature to [email protected].

I'm using an eSig default StochasticRSI.efs which I like - but haven't yet sorted how to make it 'alarm'. Is it possible?
        Yes it is possible. Please see the Alert Functions.

Ps. I run scanners in another program flitering for set-ups both price & indicator based which I find very useful for daily swing trading.
        This feature is a popular request, but we just simply do not have this functionality at this time. Feel free to submit a request for this feature as well to IDEAS.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
        X