statistically backtesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• statistically backtesting

Is it possible to to statistic calculations in esignal? Like "what is the possibility of that the market will move higher if it opens at 0,5% or more?" Just an example but is this possible with the language in esignal?

Thank you

Hi,

Your question is rather vague so all I can give you is a rather vague answer I'm affraid. EFS is a programming language based on Java Script. As such it gives the coder a very powerful set of tools to develop indicators and strategies.

While there is nothing in eSignal to specifically help do probabilities, you certainly should be able to code such things in EFS. However it is up to you, the developer, to know the specifics of what you are trying to do and turn your ideas into code that will implement those idea's.

If you have been watching these boards you will know that there are several very tallented people who help people develop code and at times even will write the whole thing. However, it is still up to you to define in very specific terms what you are after, including hopefully the math you want implemented.

Does this help?

Garth
    Garth

Comment

Thanks! I guess it helps! I just wanted to know if it´s possible to do such calculations. If it would not be possible i would learn some other programming language. But now i know it might be a good idea to learn Javascript

Comment

Working...
      X