Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it possible to move indicators between windows

I have an issue with setPriceStudy.
    Say I am plotting an indicator like CCI.
    I want to be able to turn the display of this value on the chart on and off by using a function parameter.

So I use setPriceStudy(false) initially to show it in a separate pane. Then I press SHift and drag that indicator into the main price pane. It displays on top of the price bars correctly.

But then if I turn that value off by returning the CCI value from main as a string and then start returning it as a float value again, it does not display over top of the price bars correctly. It gets displayed on top of the upper window as a straight line.

I determine whether to return the indicator value from main as a string or float value by setting a function parameter. That way, I can turn it on and off from main.

If I initially display the CCI value overlayed on top of the price bars (using setPriceStudy(true)), it doesn't get displayed correctly. It is offset to the top of the price pane. And trying all the scaling options does not scale it correctly to display on top of the price bars.

So I was wondering if there is a way to drag the indicator back into it's own pane when I want to make adjustments to which indicators I want to show in the upper window. Then I can drag them into the upper pane afterwards and they will be scaled correctly.

crazytiger
    See the section Merging Studies in this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase.
    Alex

Comment

That is great. Thank you.

Comment

crazytiger
        You are most welcome
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X