is the callback from drawttextrelative enhanced in ver 8.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is the callback from drawttextrelative enhanced in ver 8.1

Currently, in drawTextRelative that uses a text button, the method that is called when the button is selected must reside in the same EFS as the call to drawTextRelative.

I want to move that code to a separate efslib but the engine does not allow this. I know I can add a shell method in the script that makes the call to the library method but this involves some duplication of code.

Has the upcoming ver 8.1 been updated to allow callbacks from drawTextRelative to be made to other scripts or libs, not the one where the drawtextrelative was initially defined?

Hello crazytiger,

It's not the engine that is preventing this, it is simply a functionality that does not exist. I think its a good idea, however. The drawText... function was created long before EFS libraries, so the function does not have a method for referencing a function from within an. efsLib file. This functionality would need to be added to the program. This does not currently exist in the 8.1 beta. Please submit a request to our development for this feature to [email protected].

In the mean time, you're only option is to use the shell method.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
    X