issue with disabling debugPrintln in winsig menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• issue with disabling debugPrintln in winsig menu

there is an option in the EFS -> settings menu item to disable all debugPrintln calls but when I try this, the debug statements still print to the formula output window.

Is this a know bug and if so, is it fixed in 8.1?

Hello crazytiger,

If you check the option to disable debugPrint functions, any new executions of those functions will not print to the output window for the current session of eSignal. If you restart eSignal the option is unchecked by default. Therefore, your debugPrint functions will print to the output window by default. This is not a bug, but intended behavior. In the past we were getting a number of support inquires that the debugPrint() and debugPrintln() functions were not working. Users were simply forgetting that they had disabled them through the EFS Settings. This behavior will not be changed in 8.1.

An alternative solution for you is too incorporate a Boolean formula parameter that allows you disable/enable the debugPrint functions on a formula specific basis. When you add debugPrint statements to your code, preface the call with a conditional statement that checks this parameter. Set the default in preMain() to false.

PHP Code:
    function preMain() {
        var 
    fp = new FunctionParameter("bPrint"FunctionParameter.BOOLEAN);

fp.setName("Enable debugPrint");

fp.setDefault(false);
    }

function 
    main(bPrint) {
        if (
    bPrintdebugPrintln(....);

Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

ok, that makes sense. I tend to have to restart winsig a lot because I still have the issue with unloading DLLs so I restart winsig rather than do a unload / reload which is much easier!

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X