Alerts for TA Indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alerts for TA Indicators

I (and I expect others) have a STRONG need for alerts related to the stocks I have in my eSignal basket.

I am NOT referring to a scanner type alert mechanism.

What I am referring to is a modification of the alerts (bell icon) in eSignal such that I can, for example, have an alert set for the CCI (20,C) to give me a heads-up when it is >= +250 or <=-250. This alert, set up as 'global', allows me to avoid what I describe below.

Having an efs formula for this is ok...if you want to have an Advanced Chart window for EVERY stock in your basket. Then you have the efs formula activiated for each of those windows. To say that's a crude approach is an understatement.

The limited numbers of stocks I follow has, with the efs I built to alert me activated, ALWAYS blown off eSignal on my computer and more times than not locked up my computer and required a reboot (support personnel have not be able to duplicate this).

To date, eSignal feedback has been that this modification MIGHT be in 8.x expected later in 2003. That does not help me now in my current trading.

And, eSignal feedback has been very clear that there is no other workaround in the current 7.x software level.

If anyone know another 'interim trick', I'd be grateful.

My hope is that eSignal will take action on this sooner rather than later. And, again, this does not need to be in the scanner (although an expanded version of my request would be scanner-applicable for situations where someone wanted to scan the UNIVERSE of stocks)...scanning the universe of stocks does not appeal to me. As eSignal is mostly all-charts, that means that most users are TA traders. What a boon it would be for TA traders (as well as a coup for eSignal to be the first to market such a feature!!) to have TA alerts available!!

Feedback appreciated. Inclusion in eSignal would be even MORE appreciated!!

Thanks.

Taj

Taj,

As you mentioned, this type of functionality is planned to be added in the eSignal 8 series, which is a ways off still. In hopes to provide some form of a work-around for you in the meantime, may I suggest you try the attached EFS which contains alerts for +/- 250 on a 20,C CCI.
    Attached Files
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Thanks, Jay!

Will give your efs a try. Hopefully, use of this will not lock up my eSignal or computer (a recurring problem I have had with efs alerts).

Looking forward to 8/x...more than you know!!

Thanks!

Taj

Comment

If the lock-up issues continue to occur, you may want to try to "comment out" the sound portion to see if that is the culprit. To do this, put a double-slash in front of the Alert.playSound() functions.

// Alert.playSound(...);
        Regards,
        Jay F.
        Product Manager

Comment

Thanks!!

10-4, Jay. Thanks!!

Taj

Comment

Working...
          X