Display PCB counter value on chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display PCB counter value on chart

On a PC chart, the Cursor Window displays a count of the price changes (PCB n/m). Is it possible to show the count next to the current PC bar, or to replicate the PCB calculation and show this next to the current bar?

I have tried using calculations based on changes in getMostRecentTrade(), or changes in close(), or changes in getMostRecentBid()/getMostRecentAsk(), but the figures produced by all these are different from the PCB figure shown in my Cursor Window.

Hello jian1247,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm also seeing the problem you've described in replicating the PCB count. I'm investigating this issue.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi Jason

Have you made any progress on this?

Comment

-

Hello jian1247,

Just letting you know that we have sent an inquiry to development regarding this issue. No new information to report at this time, however.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
        EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

Hi Jason

Any word from development on this issue yet?

Comment

Hello jian1247,

No new information to report at this time. This issue may not be looked into until a release sometime beyond 10.0.
            Jason K.
            Project Manager

EFS KnowledgeBase
            EFS Glossary

New User Orientation

Comment

2 years on now since last reply and we are up to ver 10.4, so thought it might be worth checking if anyone has been able to script an efs file to duplicate the PCB count from the cursor window onto a PC chart?

Thanks,

Scott...

Comment

Scott
                FYI what Jason was referring to was not an efs issue but a problem with how P interval charts were built and as far as I know that was resolved in version 10.1 which was released some time last year
                You can just create a simple counter that resets to 1 at every new bar and counts every price change [ie where the price is different from the one at the previous tick]. If you run a search for the keyword tick counter* you should find several examples of tick counters [or reverse tick counters] which you can adapt to your needs
                Alex

Originally posted by scoot
                2 years on now since last reply and we are up to ver 10.4, so thought it might be worth checking if anyone has been able to script an efs file to duplicate the PCB count from the cursor window onto a PC chart?

Thanks,

Scott...

Comment

Working...
                X