Strange Behaviour loading data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Behaviour loading data

I've been trying to call getPreviousTradingDay and I get a formula error for calling it (despite using new Date() command). It won't load until I scroll back to the previous trading day and then reloading the EFS. Is there any reason why esignal's data feed is behaving this way? I notice that there is what appears to be a lag in the data loading.

Thanks

Steve

Hello Steve,

I don't think the problem you are describing is related to the data feed. If you remove your formula from the chart and then scroll back to load more data, do you experience a lag in loading?

What is the specific formula error you are receiving?
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Originally posted by JasonK
      Hello Steve,

I don't think the problem you are describing is related to the data feed. If you remove your formula from the chart and then scroll back to load more data, do you experience a lag in loading?

What is the specific formula error you are receiving?
      The error that I was getting was that getPreviousTradingDay was returning a null value (Invalid Format error) and yes, if the efs is removed it lags behind. Although I really hate to say it, this problem only seems to be happening intermittently and there does not seem to be a definite patter as to why it's happening. The only command I'm running is getPreviousTradingDay(new Date()) and that is returning a null value.

Comment

Hello Steve,

You may need to post a working example of the formula code you are using that reproduces the error.

Or you could try the following method. Please let me know if this resolves the error message you're receiving.

PHP Code:
        function_main()_{
            var 
        nDate = new Date();
            var 
        nPrev getPreviousTradingDay(nDate);

debugPrintln(getCurrentBarIndex() + "  " nPrev);

return;

Regarding the lag in loading, it is possible that you are having some connection problems. The next time you encounter this problem please call into technical support and have them take a look at your connections.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
        X