Set a condition state in wizard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set a condition state in wizard

Coulds someone please point me to an example of where a state is set (using the wizard) when a condition is met for the first time and not cleared until another state is set when some other condition is met. (I know I've seen one I just can't put my mouse on it.)

Also a slightly different question

I have a efs which sets a verbal alert when a condition is met for the first time. Unfortunately the alert continues and continues. I may want it to remind me to stay "long" or "short" every 10th occurance until at such time it reverses and the nagging continues in the opposite direction.

It was interesting to note that the nagging may help helped my trading by ensuring that I stay on the right side of the trend, however it can give one a headach.

any ideas

magnetic
    Not sure what you mean with "set a state". Anyhow if you go through the EFS Formula Wizard forum you should find many examples of scripts written using only the Formula Wizard.
    With regards to your second question one way to resolve that with the Formula Wizard is to evaluate the conditions at the prior bar on the first instance of a new bar. This way the alert will be triggered once only.
    Alternatively see the example provided in this thread even though it requires using the Editor as it cannot be implemented with the Formula Wizard alone.
    Alex

Comment

Setting a flag

Actually the link you provided clarified my own thoughts. I just want to be able to set a flag using the wizard
      thx

Comment

magnetic
        To do that you will need to use the Editor as it requires creating a global variable which cannot be done with the Formula Wizard.
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X