Moving Averages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving Averages

Basic question. Other programs I've used when you choose a 50 or 200 DAY MA - the word "day" is actually a choice. E-signal doesn't have that as a choice, it just says "length". How do I know I'm choosing 50 DAY MA, not a 50 min MA. I want to put the 50/200 day MA on my minute charts. Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by theking2000; 05-01-2007, 10:32 AM.

theking2000
    All the studies included in Basic Studies are calculated using only the chart interval ie. a moving average of Length 50 is based on 50 bars of the interval plotted on the chart.
    If you want to plot studies based on intervals different from the one in the chart (for example a 50 Day moving average on a 60 minute chart) then you need to use the EFS studies which are included in the EFS2 Custom folder of Formulas. Those studies can be based on external intervals (and in some cases also external symbols) ie intervals and/or symbols that are different from the one being charted
    As you apply any one of those formulas to the chart you will be prompted for the parameters. In the Interval parameter insert a D or d which stands for Daily.
    In the screenshot enclosed below you can see a 50 "day" moving average plotted on a 60 minute chart
    Alex

Comment

Thanks, Alex. I'll check that out tonight and let you know if I have any further questions. If I do, do I have to start another thread or simply reply to this one?

Comment

theking2000
        You are most welcome

If I do, do I have to start another thread or simply reply to this one?
        It depends. If the questions are related to the topic of this thread then reply to the thread otherwise start a new one.
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X