Protection of EFS Code

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Protection of EFS Code

I may decide to sell some of my EFS files in the future. How do I go about protecting the code so people can not pass it around. I already know how to encrypt it but that does not stop Mike from sending it to Joe and Joe using it. There should be a way to hard code the indicator to the persons username or account number. Help? Where do I start? Thanks!

Geoff

Geoff,

You can read up on more in the EFs database help area.
    Here is a basic example.

Create a Notepad text file and name it.

Example: myusers.txt

Then in your efs before you encrypt it use the "addEntitlement function.

Example:

PHP Code:
    addEntitlement"http://www.yoursite.com/myusers.txt""Sorry. You are not authorized to use this script.""http://www.yoursite.com" ); 
    Then all you need to do is get the username of your clients and add them into the note pad file one line per user.

Example:

PHP Code:
    Joe
    Mike
    Jane 
    Everytime you add a new user just save your file and re-upload it to your server in the proper directory. Make sure you file is readable on the server.

Anytime you want the user to stop having access to the efs just remove them from your 'txt' file.
    Last edited by FibbGann; 05-20-2007, 09:59 PM.
    Excellent book on JavaScript for beginners

Comment

fibbgann

Hi fibbgann, Can one just add the username in the script. Then when he gives someone an efs file, all he needs to do is add that persons esignal user name into the script and encrypt it with a code?

Comment

Also, I am working on how to do this without a server.. where when I send them the file it is locked and only there username can access the efs file. Thank you.

Comment

dukearl

Can one just add the username in the script. Then when he gives someone an efs file, all he needs to do is add that persons esignal user name into the script and encrypt it with a code?
          You can do that with the getUserName() function.
          Alex

Comment

Working...
          X