Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer bogging down running efs

Hi,

The attached efs seems to be slowing my computer down when I'm looking at the market in real time.

During heavy market activity my charts start lagging behind in price action (compared to my trading plateform) while the computer is running the efs. Is there anything that could be done to improve it's performance.

Thank you,
    Dave

PS. Perhaps it's not the efs (please advise)
    Attached Files

Re: computer bogging down running efs

Originally posted by MacDaddy
    Hi,

The attached efs seems to be slowing my computer down when I'm looking at the market in real time.

During heavy market activity my charts start lagging behind in price action (compared to my trading plateform) while the computer is running the efs. Is there anything that could be done to improve it's performance.

Thank you,
    Dave

PS. Perhaps it's not the efs (please advise)
    MacDaddy,

Very useful EFS, I'm also a big fan of DMI and have recently been developing strategies on the stock indices that also uses multiple symbols and time periods. If you ever want to compare notes or discuss strategies let me know.

I noticed you are using 1 minute data. One thing I noticed when I use 1 minute data particularily on active symbols like the ES is that when I use a time template that loads alot of data my system also slows down.

You may want to try using a time template that specifies a minimum amount of data to load. If I only load 1-2 days of data the system performs much better. Once I load 30 or more, expecially when I use my backtesting templates that load 120 days my system frequently locks up.

If you are unfamiliar with time templates let me know. I can walk you through it. Essentially Chart Options - Time Templates - Edit -New Template (specify a name, click OK) , then you enter the number of days, the fewer the better, then click Update/Add.

At that point Chart Options - Time Template and select the template you just created. From that point on, I'm confident this should resolve the performance issue you are experiencing.

Hope this helps.

Glen
    Glen Demarco
    [email protected]

Comment

Hello MacDaddy,

The performance issue you're describing isn't caused by your formula code. It is very efficient as far as I can tell. The problems you're experiencing may have to do with your server connections. The next time you experience this problem the best thing to do would be to call into technical support and ask them to troubleshoot your connections.
      Jason K.
      Project Manager
      eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
      JavaScript for EFS Video Series
      EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
      EFS Glossary
      Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thank you Glen, I appreciate your input!

Jason.........thanks so much for all you do here. Because of your help I've written several efs's that I use daily!!!!

Best,
        Dave

Comment

You're most welcome Dave.
          Jason K.
          Project Manager
          eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
          JavaScript for EFS Video Series
          EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
          EFS Glossary
          Custom EFS Development Policy