Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading strategy when I can't access source data

A few high level questions:

I have an EFS (cannot access source code) that creates support/resistance levels on my charts. The levels change daily and are security-specific. I want to automate a trading idea using these prices.

1) Can an EFS be created to automatically pull the prices from the EFS that I cannot access (the source code) so I can create an automated trading strategy?

2) Can I backtest my strategy using these levels in my trading strategy?

3) Could I automate the trading using my new EFS?

bit_junior
    1) and 2) The answer is yes provided that the efs you intend to call is returning those values.
    If that is the case then you can call that efs and retrieve its values using the efsExternal() function (see the link for the required syntax). For detailed examples on the use of the efsExternal() function see this thread. See also this thread for a practical example of a script calling a protected script
    3) You can send trades to an integrated broker, however at this time eSignal does not have the built-in functions to retrieve information about those trades to automate the position management.
    Alex

Comment

Automated Trading

I ran into the same issue with automated trading using the integrated brokers. Yeah, you can fire orders, but you can't do much else.

If you need help, let me know as I've created a template that I use for automated trading. It includes..

Order execution
      Dual-stage order verification
      - including adjustment order firing/verification (if needed)
      Order Tracking (entry price, exit price, net PL, others)
      Specialty order types (for "discretionary" orders)
      FOW debug reporting
      "audit trail" file creation
      "breadcrumb" file creation
      Automatic re-syncing (on reload)

This has taken me quite a while to create and debug. It includes other features like..

Buy Button
      Sell Button
      GO FLAT Button
      EOD Close Button
      Control Features (allows you to have multiple codes running on multiple time-frames switch control back and forth)
      Master Control Program - this program is used to control equity allocation as well as global risk exposure (if needed)

The purpose of all of this is to have a feature-rich environment for developing automated trading systems.

Like I said, if you need help, let me know.
      Brad Matheny
      eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Working...
      X