Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BID/ASK Volume

Hi

I am sure I am not the first one to ask this, but would it be possible to have this study plot historic bid/ask volume using T&S?

Sometimes I like to change timeframe to get a better picture of market activity and I would love to see what the bid/ask volume looks like on different timeframes.

Wouldn't it be possible to at least make it available for intraday trading?

As of now, you must turn on your charts and keep them till the end of the day without changing anything otherwise you are going to lose all the bid/ask volume plotted up to a certain point.

I hope someone can answer this question.

Thanks and regards.

Hi,

This is not possible unless you were to store the required data in a file. Then, as the historical data is re-loaded, access the file historical data.

You would then use this information as you had when you were receiving live data.

This would require a coded solution. If kept simple, this could be done fairly readily, but it would be a kludge at best. Every reload would result in missing some T&S data. These blanks (periods of missing data) would have to be dealt with in some manner and there are likely as many preferences there as there would be users.

Integration with Tick Playback data is possible as well, but that adds several more layers of complexity. The file sizes could easily become unwieldly large and/or corrupted when combined or otherwise manipulated by well meaning users.

Those are my thoughts. Coding something like this would be only moderatively difficult if kept simple. Post an efs on this and there are several forum members that may give this a try. There are also several consultants that may already have something like this, or will otherwise code something like this for a fee. (I am not a consultant btw)

Comment

Thanks Steve.

I am wondering why regular volume can be easily stored whereas bid/ask volume can not.

When I reload my charts, T&S reloads itself before in a matter of seconds and then all the live data start coming in.

I guess it's too difficult to do the same thing for bid/ask volume.

It's a shame though and I am surprised that such a visually great indicator is so limited in its functions. I wish it were a little more flexible. (

Comment

Working...
      X