EFS Formula Engine Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS Formula Engine Settings

Are there any guidelines for changing(increasing) the Heap and Stack Sizes in the EFS Formula Engine Settings?
    The defaults are Heap Size: 16384 and Stack Size: 8.

Reason ---
    Some of my EFS programs cause 15+ second delays when I change symbols or time intervals. My programs are at most 20 lines and deal with sma. If I run 6-8 of these programs at one time, then the delays occur. I would like to run 6-8 of these programs concurrently for my trading. These 6-8 programs when combined into a larger program cause a crash.

At first I thought the problen was RAM. I had 1 Gb RAM, increased it to 3 Gb RAM, but it made no difference. I also have a 3.0 Ghz processor.

I saw this recently at:
    http://www.tssupport.com/support/bas...rticle&id=1629
    This would seem to suggest that increasing the Heap and Stack Sizes might help.

Any guidelines or thoughts?

Axa, I also get delays when I change symbols, see my recent post "Changing symbol in one chart causes another chart to restart script!!!".

Your problem may be unrelated, but you might like to eliminate my problem - put some debugPrint()s in at "ALLBAR" time to see if the bars are getting reprocessed unexpectedly.

Have you also specified small, manual, bar counts to see if that helps?

Cheers

Comment

_

Hello AXA,

Please also see my reply to a similar question in this thread. The amount of time a chart takes to load and complete the historical processing for all formulas applied to the chart will depend on how much data your charts are set to load. As a first step you may want to try limiting the amount of data the chart loads by specifying a limited amount of bars or days of data through a custom time template and see if that makes a difference.

If you are willing to post a code example of one of your formulas, we can also take a look at the possibility to improve the efficiency of the code, which could help cut the loading time down.
      Jason K.
      Project Manager
      eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
      JavaScript for EFS Video Series
      EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
      EFS Glossary
      Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
      X