This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS questions on DDE and Go To Date

if anyone could help on this ...much appreaciated...

I have a page with 16 charts each running a script that sends out 12 fields of DDE links to Excel....

this appears to work fine during off market hours as I was doing back testing but I am missing 8 sets of these DDE links in real time during mkt hours....

Is there an implicit limit on DDE links/fields? a function of how busy Data Manager is?

I don't see any particular pattern as why these 8 fields are missing in real time...after restart DM and Excel a number of times the same set of DDE links are missing - they are simply having a value of zero (0) - i.e., they are defined, but no values being passed to them...

Thanks very much, anyone...?

ziggy

is there a way in EFS to position a chart on a certain date in history at the conclusion of the EFS's execution?

Thanks,

ziggy

Comment

Hello z11,

There isn't a method for programmatically scrolling the advanced chart to a specific date through EFS. Feel free to send in a suggestion for this to [email protected]. What you could do is draw a text label with a particular date. Then you could use the "Go To Date" feature under the Tools menu.

Regarding your DDE question, I don't know what the limit would be on the number of DDE links you could have. I don't think that's the problem since it's working after hours and not during the market session. The only way to figure out what the problem might be is to test your code on my end. Please post your formula or create an example formula that I can use to recreate the problem. Also, please include any other details such as time templates and symbols you're using or anything else specific to your setup that you think I might need to take into account.
      Jason K.
      Project Manager
      eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
      JavaScript for EFS Video Series
      EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
      EFS Glossary
      Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thanks for the reply JK...

I worked out the DDE problem ... as usually the case, it's at the programmer's end..

I have been using the Go to Date feature but was tired of doing that for multiple charts individually within a Page so thought to ask if there is a programmatic way to do it ... I don't suppose there is a "Global" goto Date feature that would apply to every chart in the active Page?

ziggy

Comment

Hello z11,

Not that I'm aware of. That would be another good suggestion for [email protected].
          Jason K.
          Project Manager
          eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
          JavaScript for EFS Video Series
          EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
          EFS Glossary
          Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
          X