Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

setComputeOnClose & multiple intervals - when is main() called?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setComputeOnClose & multiple intervals - when is main() called?

I understand that setComputeOnClose() is used to eliminate ticks and main() is only called for bar closes.

But if I specify a study based on a different interval, especially one shorter than the chart interval, should I see bar closes for that shorter interval?

As far as I can see I don't, which makes some of my processing a bit difficult. I had expected I would, especially because I could instead have a different symbol and interval, and would certainly expect to see the bar closes for that (the market is now closed so I can't test that easily).

If I'm right, is this a bug, or by design? I can put together a short test script if that's useful to demonstrate the problem.

Thanks

Dave

Dave180,

I believe that is by design. If you are trying to do any advanced coding, my recommendation is that you test for new bars coming in and not use setComputeOnClose. I have found that by imposing these restrictions up front, you end up making things more complex later on when trying to take advantage of more advanced features/functionality.

Comment

Working...
    X