liveconnect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• liveconnect

Hi, I'm trying to use liveconnect to bridge between javascript and java. I've just tried a simple example from the help example i.e. mystring = new java.lang.String("hello world");

I get an Exception ReferenceError java not defined..

can anyone help .. has anyone done this before. I've seen from the javascript sites different stories about it not working ??

thanks in advance

Hello jlewis10,

If you're trying to do this within the EFS environment, liveconnect will not work. Outside of EFS, I'm not sure.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

liveconnect

Oh ok thanks for the information,

yes its from within EFS that I'm trying to do this.. I assumed that as EFS was bsaed on JS1.5 it would inherit all the features.
      Any suggestions...

The model I've created in EFS has grown to the stage where running it crashed eSignal. once the commit size grows to about 2.5GB. Thus I'm refactoring in into EFS for core decisions and java for the rest. I was going to use live connect to comm to JMS and then to the java app..alternatively i could use files but thats very clunky ?

Comment

Hello jlewis10,

You're most welcome. EFS is extended from JavaScript 1.5, however, liveconnect cannot be used within the EFS environment. Other then File I/O you may want to consider a C/C++ DLL Object.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
        X