Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBands move after a reload

Hi:

Every day I use the built in bollinger band study for signals in realtime on the 3 min chart.

When I reload my Esignal I find that the bands have moved ever so slightly (usually by less than .25 on the ES)

This makes backtesting useless of course since the values for the bband are not the same as they are in realtime.

What could be causing this - I see it basically every day.

Actually I found out the cause of this. I took a screen shot of a 3 minute ES chart on Friday, then I exited Esignal and reloaded the chart.

Many of the bars in the reloaded chart had closing values different (by 1 tick usually) than they were recorded on my chart in realtime. The high/ low and open values seemed to be the same.

Naturally this causes all indicators based on close to have slightly different values.

What causes this?

Thanks!

Comment

ratso,

This post (bottom of the page) touches on this subject. Please review, and if you have any further questions, please let us know.
      Regards,
      Jay F.
      Product Manager

Comment

The ET post talks about differences between Esignal and Qcharts. I am talking about differences within Esignal

Try this:

Take a screen capture of the 3 minute ES chart when it has been open and recording values "live" since 9:30

Then close esignal and open it again

Compare the closing price of the bars on the reopened chart to the screen grab.

What I am finding is that at least 20% of the closing values on the bars are different in the reloaded chart than they were on the screen grab.

Comment

Working...
        X