timezones & efs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• timezones & efs?

i understand that esignal provide a wide range of market data, from north&south america, to europe and to asia, almost the whole world of market data.

but when i try to use 'getFirstBarIndexOfDay()', i notice one problem. if my windows clock is on new york time, esignal charts will run on the same time zone. therefore, if i am looking at north american stocks, those charts & 'getFirstBarIndexOfDay()' will work just fine. but when i switch it to asian stocks, then 'getFirstBarIndexOfDay()' began having trouble locating the 1st bar of the day, because there is about 12 hrs diff. some people may suggest me to keep changing my windows clock. some may say changing the chart time template. i have tried both, and they just not seem right, changing the windows clock could problem to other applications, 'getFirstBarIndexOfDay()' remains not working properly if i change the properties of the chart time template.

is there a way to get around this time zone problem with efs? or,
    i should post this to another es forum?

Hello dietcoke2000,

Due to the crossing of midnight for one of the exchange sessions, getFirstBarIndexOfDay() cannot be used for this case. It is not designed to take into consideration any particular start time of an exchange. It simply looks for the first bar of the day based on the first bar encountered on or after midnight that exists in the current chart.

I have some ideas to explore for a possible work-around, but first I'd like you to describe more specifically what you are trying to accomplish. Its possible that there may be a better approach to solve this problem. Let's explore this first.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
    X