Number of bars in symbol data series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number of bars in symbol data series

Is there a way to determine the number of bars in a symbol data series ?
    I tried getNumBars() but it only returns the number of bars that got actually loaded into a chart and not the total number of available bars for the symbol.
    Thanks,
    Hiromichi

Hiromichi
    To my knowledge there is no efs function or method that will determine the total number of bars available for a data series without actually loading that data series.
    Alex

Originally posted by hiromichi
    Is there a way to determine the number of bars in a symbol data series ?
    I tried getNumBars() but it only returns the number of bars that got actually loaded into a chart and not the total number of available bars for the symbol.
    Thanks,
    Hiromichi

Comment

Alex,
      Thank you for your reply, if no efs function is available to do this task, do you have any suggestion as to how I might write an efs formula to accomplish this task ? I tried the following code at the last bar to no avail.

i=0;
      do {
      try {
      cls=close(i);
      } catch (e) {
      debugPrintln(-i);
      break ;
      }
      i-- ;
      } while (true)

Hiromichi

Comment

Hiromichi
        EFS does not have the ability to query a server to determine how many bars are available and your code example (or anything similar) will only work on data that has been loaded in a chart or called as an external interval. In either case how much data will be loaded is set through the Time Template.
        Alex

Alex,
        Thank you for your reply, if no efs function is available to do this task, do you have any suggestion as to how I might write an efs formula to accomplish this task ? I tried the following code at the last bar to no avail.

i=0;
        do {
        try {
        cls=close(i);
        } catch (e) {
        debugPrintln(-i);
        break ;
        }
        i-- ;
        } while (true)

Hiromichi

Comment

Alex,
          Thank you for the info,
          I think I can use my own time template of something like 13,000 days to pull in all the bars. And it looks like that it is close to the maximum allowed by the system.
          Hiromichi

Comment

Hiromichi
            If the data is intraday then consider that eSignal currently provides up to a maxiimum of 120 days.
            If daily (or higher) eSignal provides [in general] 10+ years of data.
            For specific information on how much historical data is available you may want to see this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase
            Alex

Alex,
            Thank you for the info,
            I think I can use my own time template of something like 13,000 days to pull in all the bars. And it looks like that it is close to the maximum allowed by the system.
            Hiromichi

Comment

Alex,
              Thank you very much, you have been a source of great help.
              Hiromichi

Comment

Hiromichi
                Glad to have been of help
                Alex

Comment

Working...
                X