Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• band problem

Hi Alexis,
    sorry to be a pain in the --- over this issue - but if I can get this done, I would have something very important to me.

I hear what you're saying about adjusting the pixel size to cover the area of the desired band thickness. I was taking the horizontal trendline before and specifying a thickness of say 20,
    and doing this manuelly. The problem with it is that once you have you're bands setup properly, you are now restricted to having the indicator study (in this case RSI) fixed to a certain screen size.
    It would become a hassle to add other indicator in that its not a very universall solution. If for whatever reason I needed to enlarge the indicator portion of the chart, the bands whould be in different values now, because of the FIXED pixel size written to the code.
    When I was doing this by hand with trendlines before, it was very time consuming and there was a generall feeling of "dont anyone dare TOUCH that chart" !
    Of course if the was a range specified in the code for the values the bands would cover...
    what about a solutiuon like adding the entire whloe number range? for instance : if I want 80 thru 90 to be a solid band couldnt I write in the code 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, .... up to 90 ?
    I'm not sure as you're the one with the knowledge of code.
    I appreciate you're time much,
    Graham

problem fixed

Alexis,
    did what you said by using the addBand command line
    the only difference is that I added MANY lines using each one to decribe another band value. I gave each one a thickness of 2 so there would be overlap and finally gave each line a separate TagName i.e. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,...
    SO I want to thank you
    once again
    especially for you're dedication to reading ALL of these various problems and taking the time to answer all the redundant questions.
    Thank you,
    sincerely,
    Graham

Comment

Graham
      You are most welcome.
      By the way, just in case you did not see it, I did reply to the duplicate message in the other thread.
      Alex

Comment

Working...
      X