Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do toFixed() and an unchecked "Show Full Price Precision" save CPU?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do toFixed() and an unchecked "Show Full Price Precision" save CPU?

In some of my studies I occasionally see four digits to the right of the decimal place popping up in the y-axis display. Would going back into those formulas and adding “toFixed(2)*1” to the definition of the variables involved and/or leaving "Show Full Price Precision" unchecked cut down on the CPU computational costs of calculating the returned result because only two digit results would then need to be generated? Or would the same amount of CPU be spent calculating the four digit result but only two of those digits would be displayed? Thanks for any feedback.

Mike
    Last edited by mikejhelms; 10-15-2007, 11:07 AM.

Hello Mike,

Are you referring to the real time processing requirements or the historical processing while the formula is initializing?

Either way, I don't think you would gain any efficiencies with the rounding. Adding the execution of the .toFixed() method may negate any savings that might have been accomplished with the rounding.

If you're referring to the historical processing, the best way to lower the processing requirements is to limit the amount of data loaded in the chart with custom time template settings. You can modify your time template to load a fixed number of days or bars.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thanks Jason.

Mike