Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Time vs Off-Line Execution Times

Hi,

Can anyone explain why the execution times [for the same work space] are so much slower in real time vs off-line?

Thank you.

Real Time

Off-Line
    Mihai Buta

Re: Real Time vs Off-Line Execution Times

Hello Mihai,

Originally posted by mbuta
    Hi,

Can anyone explain why the execution times [for the same work space] are so much slower in real time vs off-line?

Thank you.

Real Time

Off-Line
    I think the reason you see such a difference between your two examples is because you have invoked a reloadEFS() event 11 times in the off-line image. The total time required to process historical bars versus real time bars is less. Due to the 11 reloadEFS() calls and the fact that the off-line chart is not handling any real time streams the average should be much less.

In your real time example, try invoking 11 reloadEFS() events and see if the average goes down.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Jason,

Forget the reloadEFS().
      Look at the execution times of MY efs: AllIOBOS.Test and AllIOBOS.TestMA. Those are way diferent. How can that be explained?

Thank you.
      Mihai Buta

Comment

Hello Mihai,

If you are referring to the differences between the two chart images you posted (real time vs. off-line), I believe the reloadEFS() calls are the source for the differences.

If you are referring to the differences between the formulas within either of the chart examples, the differences are a combination of the code used by each formula and the order in which they are applied to your chart.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
        X