EFS Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS Help

I am trying to set up an efs that alerts me every time a stock on a watchlist's one minute volume is 10 times that of its 90 one minute period average volume.

Thank you so much for your help

Hello dzupnick,

You can accomplish such alert conditions using the methods of the Alert Object from a custom EFS. For a basic code example using the EFS Alert object, please see the formulas installed to your \eSignal\Formulas\Alerts\ folder. You may also try a forum search on the keyword phrase Alert AND volume* to find other code examples posted here in the forums.

To reference the volume data in EFS you would use the volume() series.

To reference the data from different symbols and intervals you will use the sym() function for the second parameter of the volume() function and pass the symbol and interval as a string (i.e. nMyVol = volume(-1, sym("DELL,90")) ).

One thing that you need to be aware of is that a single EFS formula is limited to accessing up to 7 different symbols and/or intervals. You will not be able to run a single EFS on a large list of symbols. You could run multiple instances of your formula on several charts using different symbols for each or create the formula to run in the context of the chart symbol it is applied to and use multiple charts.

If you are not familiar with programming in EFS and would like to begin learning, please visit the resources listed below my signature. If you run into specific issues as you begin coding your custom formulas, please post your code to this forum along with your specific questions and we'll provide more specific guidance.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
    X