Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you add button to the toolbar?

Greetings!

My study uses the drawTextAbsolute function with the Text.Button parameter to implement functionality based on the user clicking a button. The problem is that the buttons can get in the way of the chart, since the user might want to use the space where(ever) I put the button. Is there any way to add the buttons I've created with EFS to a toolbar, such that the buttons would show up when the study was run???

Tx,

Scott
    Scott Masters
    www.tic2tic.com
    [email protected]

Scott,

Thanks for your post.

Great suggestion, but at this time there isn't a way to add buttons to the eSignal Toolbar. I'll pass this along to our Product Development Team as a suggestion.
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

I have never tried this, but it should work in theory:

if you don't need the study to be a price study you should be able to put your buttons in a study pane...you can then set the Min or Max values for the pane to be less/greater than the study will produce and put your buttons in the extra space you specified.

For example...if I have an RSI study I know it will go from 0 to 100. I can set the min value for my study pane to be -10 and the max to be 100. I now have from -10 to 0 as free space for my buttons.

Some studies obviously need to be price studies, and the best things you can do then is just make sure that the buttons are at the extreme top or bottom. Usually this will keep them out of the way, especially if you adjust them to always be in the middle of the time axis.

G
      Garth

Comment

Working...
      X