Any way to make triangles larger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any way to make triangles larger?

I use code to put triangles above/below price bars which is working fine. However the triangle are too small for me to see easily. Is there any code or other function that would allow me to increase the size of these triangles?

Thanks.

Re: Any way to make triangles larger?

FiveString
    The size of the shapes depends on the bar spacing and cannot be modified..
    An alternative solution is provided in this thread on a similar topic
    Alex

Originally posted by FiveString
    I use code to put triangles above/below price bars which is working fine. However the triangle are too small for me to see easily. Is there any code or other function that would allow me to increase the size of these triangles?

Thanks.

Comment

Thank you Alex, these are better.

I don't understand how the characters translate into the arrows nor how to use the keystroke combinations within the efs. Would be nice to know how to translate other characters.

By the way, is there a way to specifiy the Wingdings font size?

Comment

Fivestring
        You can do it in several ways.
        First open the Character Map program that is provided with Windows (Start-> Programs-> Accessories-> System Tools) then select Wingdings as the font and click on the symbol that you would like to print on the chart
        At this point one way is to click the Select button followed by the Copy button. Then in the EFS Editor window Paste what you copied in the drawTextXxx() command as the text that you want to print on the chart
        Alternatively in the Character Map program after you have selected the symbol look at the bottom of that window and you will see the Character Code for that symbol such as for example 0x70 or 0xE9, etc. Once you have the Character Code you also have the Unicode escape sequence which you can type directly in the EFS Editor. The Unicode escape sequence is always \u00 followed by the last two characters in the Character Code. So for example 0x70 will be '\u0070' and 0xE9 will be '\u00E9'
        Type the Unicode escape sequence in the drawTextXxx() command as the text that you want to print on the chart.
        For example
        PHP Code:
        drawTextRelative(0high(), '\u00E9'Color.rednullText.BOTTOM|Text.CENTER|Text.BOLD"Wingdings",12); 
        will print an up red arrow above the High..
        As to the font size that is defined by the number that follows the font name in the drawTextXxx() command. In the example above the font size is 12
        Hope this helps
        Alex

Originally posted by FiveString
        Thank you Alex, these are better.

I don't understand how the characters translate into the arrows nor how to use the keystroke combinations within the efs. Would be nice to know how to translate other characters.

By the way, is there a way to specifiy the Wingdings font size?

Comment

Working...
        X