Study doesn't work after upgrade to v10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Study doesn't work after upgrade to v10

I upgraded to v10.0 (from 7.9.1) this weekend, now one of my studies no longer works.

The study should print the number of ticks in the current bar. Under the old version the print would come out in the bottom left hand corner of the price frame.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

Vinny,

it works in my v.10.

I actually had to do a new clean load of v.10 a couple weeks ago - several of my codes were'nt working.

what tipped me off that it wasn't loaded correctly was the "f(x)" icon on the toolbar for the EFS2 Toolbox showed up with only the window outline but no function choices.

Hopefully Alex or Jason can give you some other clues.

kz

Comment

I did some more research and i have some further info:

i) if I add the tick study to a new chart, the tick count does not show, as i explained in my original message.

see image 6e-1 in attachment.

ii) However, if i drag the price window 2 or more bars to the left, the study start to work and the tick count appears.

see image 6e-2

iii) New bars are created relative to where you dragged the price bars, i.e new bars do not fill the empty space on the right. I'm probably missing a setting here.

see image 6e-3 ( six new bars have appeared since the previous image was taken)

Regards,
      Vinny.
      Attached Files

Comment

Re: Study doesn't work after upgrade to v10

Vinny
        What you are seeing is caused by a known issue with the Text.RELATIVETOLEFT flag in the drawTextXxx() function.
        As I understand it this is slated to be fixed in a maintenance release due sometime in the near future.
        In the mean time see this thread for a workaround.
        Alex

Originally posted by Vinny
        I upgraded to v10.0 (from 7.9.1) this weekend, now one of my studies no longer works.

The study should print the number of ticks in the current bar. Under the old version the print would come out in the bottom left hand corner of the price frame.

Any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Comment

Thanks Alex - thats done the trick.

Comment

Vinny
            You are most welcome
            Alex

Originally posted by Vinny
            Thanks Alex - thats done the trick.

Comment

Working...
            X