Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Do I Get Monthly Bar For Current Day?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Do I Get Monthly Bar For Current Day?

How do I get the monthly bar that is relevant to the current daily or intraday bar?

For example:

If the current bar, on a daily chart, is wed 7th November then the monthly bar for that day would be the bar ending 11/30/07.

Or if the current bar, on a 5 minute chart, is the 9am bar on wed 7th November then the monthly bar for that time would again be the bar ending 11/30/07.

Thanks
    norm rogers

Re: How Do I Get Monthly Bar For Current Day?

stormtrader
    You can retrieve the values of a price or study series based on the monthly interval by using the inv() function to which you pass the parameter "m" (for monthly) eg high(0, inv("m")), low(0, inv("m")), etc. For the description and syntax of the function together with examples of its use see the link to the related article in the EFS KnowledgeBase
    Alex

Originally posted by stormtrader
    How do I get the monthly bar that is relevant to the current daily or intraday bar?

For example:

If the current bar, on a daily chart, is wed 7th November then the monthly bar for that day would be the bar ending 11/30/07.

Or if the current bar, on a 5 minute chart, is the 9am bar on wed 7th November then the monthly bar for that time would again be the bar ending 11/30/07.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
    X