Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Type Error - has no properties" on AGET Study running Tick Replay

Hi,

I have a strategy which calls the AGET XTL function .

I receive no errors when loading the study on a chart or when running a backtest.

However when running a strategy in tick replay or realtime I'm recieving the error calling the AGET study which appears to be returning null.

I'm insuring sufficient bars are processed to initialize the study and even testing for null values. After working on this all night I would appreciate any suggestions on how to proceed as I'm at a loss how to proceed.

Thanks,

Glen
    Glen Demarco
    [email protected]

-

Hello Glen,

I'm not able to reproduce the problem. The study seems to be working fine on my end. What symbol, interval and time template settings are you using? Also, if possible, please post an example formula that you are using that generates the error.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Re: - XTL study "has no properties" error

Originally posted by JasonK
      Hello Glen,

I'm not able to reproduce the problem. The study seems to be working fine on my end. What symbol, interval and time template settings are you using? Also, if possible, please post an example formula that you are using that generates the error.
      Hello Jason,

It's great to hear from youu, hope all is well. Thanks for the help.

I loaded up the study in a 15 minute GBP@FXCM A0-FX chart. using a standard intraday default type time template of 10 days in duration with a start and end time of 00:00.

The study loads up fine with no errors at all.

Then I execute a back test which runs to completion without generating any errors.

Then I would select the chart and start a tick replay with 10 days of GBP@FXCM A0-FX data. At which point tick replay begins and 20 of the study has no properties error messages occur. The tick replay then continues running but I wasn't sure if this message effected the outcome.

What I didn't realize when I posted was when the study is loaded and switches to realtime (Bar Index, no compute on close), it runs perfectly. It has been running since last night and executed a few trades with no problem.

I apologize for not posting the code, as it would not run because it uses several function libraries which if needed I can send you.

I pulled out the relevant statements and appreciate you taking a look. Thank you very much for this and all your help and have a great holiday.

Glen

PHP Code:
      /* Globals related to XTL study defined above premain*/

var xtl=0;   // holds xtl study
      var Length=35

/**** code in main function */

if (getCurrentBarCount() < Length) return; // make sure study is initialized 

/* following code controlled by _NEWBAR loop */ 

debugPrintln("\n" " xtl0= "+xtl.getValue(GetXTLStudy.XTL,-0) + " xtl1= "+xtl.getValue(GetXTLStudy.XTL,-1) + " xtl2= "+xtl.getValue(GetXTLStudy.XTL,-2)+ "\n");

if((
      xtl.getValue(GetXTLStudy.XTL,-1)==BLUEBAR && xtl.getValue(GetXTLStudy.XTL,-2)==REDBAR ) ||         
                 (
      xtl.getValue(GetXTLStudy.XTL,-1)==BLUEBAR  && xtl.getValue(GetXTLStudy.XTL,-2)==BLACKBAR ))

/* create xtl study object statement in one time initialization  portion of code if (!bInit)   */

xtl = new GetXTLStudy(nLength);  // define xtl study 
      Glen Demarco
      [email protected]

Comment

Hello Glen,

Based on the code you've posted it is not possible to pin point the problem.

What you need to do is create a test formula that does not include any custom logic or function libraries. Create a test formula that only initializes and plots the values of the xtl object. Run it in tick replay or real time and let me know what happens. If you run into the same error, post the complete test sample and I'll take a look at it.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
        X