MAStudy and Time Interval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAStudy and Time Interval

Is it possible to integrate timeinterval in MAStudy similar to the way you can with ema() function? if so what is the syntax?

Thank you

Behzad
    Tony Gof

Re: MAStudy and Time Interval

Behzad
    The efs1 functions such as MAStudy() are not enabled for external intervals and/or symbols.
    Having said that you could run them in the context of an external interval or symbol by placing them in a separate function or efs which you call through the efsInternal() or efsExternal() functions using either an inv() or sym() series as the last parameter (see the links to the respective articles in the EFS KnowledgeBase). For an example of this see the MACD script shown in this post.
    Keep in mind though that the MAStudy() function (as well as the other efs1 functions) does not accept custom variables as the source.
    Alex

Originally posted by Behzadgof
    Is it possible to integrate timeinterval in MAStudy similar to the way you can with ema() function? if so what is the syntax?

Thank you

Behzad

Comment

performance

On the fast moving market, would you know how the performance is?

Currently when calculating the MA when a news hits the market, the MA calculation get hit very hard, so I am using the last price and current price and if they are different by some amount as an example .5 on ES, I perform the calculation in order to get a better performance. Would you happen to know of a better way to do this?

Thank you

Behzad
      Tony Gof

Comment

Behzad
        Based on my experience using the efs2 function of a study is going to be more efficient than using its efs1 equivalent in a separate function or efs and then calling that function or efs.
        If you are having performance issues when using the efs2 functions that could be due to how these are implemented as there are several ways of doing that some more efficient than others.
        You will need to post your code for someone to try to assist you.
        Alex

Originally posted by Behzadgof
        On the fast moving market, would you know how the performance is?

Currently when calculating the MA when a news hits the market, the MA calculation get hit very hard, so I am using the last price and current price and if they are different by some amount as an example .5 on ES, I perform the calculation in order to get a better performance. Would you happen to know of a better way to do this?

Thank you

Behzad

Comment

Working...
        X