Syntax Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Syntax Error

I have EFS code that I've been distributing to clients for years without problems. All of a sudden I have a new client that keeps getting a Syntax Error message when we try to apply the indicators. I can't duplicate the problem on my machines, and no other client is reporting a problem.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what might be causing this or how to go about troubleshooting it? Naturally I don't want to post the code in an open forum, but I was wondering whether somone might have already run into a similar issue and would be willing to offer some advice.

Thanks in advance,
    Bob Hunt

I recently upgraded from 2000 pro to XP Pro and got a few Syntax errors.

They were easy to fix, mine had to do with a dll that was getting called when it wasnt needed. I just commented out the offending line.

Comment

Re: Syntax Error

Bob
      What does the syntax error message say in the Formula Output window?
      That may help in trying to determine what the issue is
      Alex

Originally posted by Pattern Trapper
      I have EFS code that I've been distributing to clients for years without problems. All of a sudden I have a new client that keeps getting a Syntax Error message when we try to apply the indicators. I can't duplicate the problem on my machines, and no other client is reporting a problem.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what might be causing this or how to go about troubleshooting it? Naturally I don't want to post the code in an open forum, but I was wondering whether somone might have already run into a similar issue and would be willing to offer some advice.

Thanks in advance,
      Bob Hunt

Comment

Re: Re: Syntax Error

It simply says "A syntax error has occurred, do you want to show the Formula Output Window?"

There are no dll calls in the EFS, although the addEntitlement function is being used.

The client is using Vista. I am not familiar with Vista. Could it possibly be a firewall issue with the addEntitilement call?

Bob Hunt

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Syntax Error

Bob
          If the user clicks Yes on that error message does the Formula Output Window provide any other information?
          Alex

It simply says "A syntax error has occurred, do you want to show the Formula Output Window?"

There are no dll calls in the EFS, although the addEntitlement function is being used.

The client is using Vista. I am not familiar with Vista. Could it possibly be a firewall issue with the addEntitilement call?

Bob Hunt

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Syntax Error

Its fixed!

It turned out to be that the first line of code was blank. For some reason my client's setup picked this up as an error where no one else's had. I got rid of the first line and it now works fine.

Thank you for your help Alexis, You definitely pointed me in the right direction.

Bob Hunt

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Syntax Error

Bob
              You are most welcome
              Alex

Its fixed!

It turned out to be that the first line of code was blank. For some reason my client's setup picked this up as an error where no one else's had. I got rid of the first line and it now works fine.

Thank you for your help Alexis, You definitely pointed me in the right direction.

Bob Hunt

Comment

Working...
              X