link to "try/catch" construct ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• link to "try/catch" construct ?

Please inform me of a link to somewhere which presents a description of the syntax for the EFS formula script "try/catch" construct. Been searching, but darned if I can find it.

jcm,

try this post - i tried "catch" as the keyword for my search.

Steve Hare and Steve Meyer both refer to it.

http://forum.esignalcentral.com/show...atch#post95191

hope that helps.

Kirk

Comment

Thanks Kirk, but I still have not found what I am seeking.

Thanks Kirk. However I had tried that plus seems like dozens more searches in many places with no luck. I bet the method for finding the answer will be common sense obvious. I have searched on 'try/catch' and 'try/catch block' with no luck. I find examples but no construct definition and explanation. I can infer a lot from the examples but that is not enough.

Comment

Re: link to "try/catch" construct ?

Joe,

Please "try" this. Open up the EFS Knowledgebase and in the Advanced Search block enter try. The first link on the resultant search results was pretty good IMHO. [Core JavaScript 1.5 Guide - Ch 5. Statements (1912) Statements: try...catch and...them using the try...catch statements.... ( 84.2 kb - 7/14/2005 )

If you are having problems finding the knowledebase(s), please click on the links below.

Originally posted by jcm21
        Please inform me of a link to somewhere which presents a description of the syntax for the EFS formula script "try/catch" construct. Been searching, but darned if I can find it.

Comment

Thanks Steve, that did it

Thanks Steve,
          That was right on the money. I am slowly catching on to how things are organized in this EFS world.

Comment

Re: Thanks Steve, that did it

Hi Joe,

You are most welcome. I believe there are some very good references out there with this being a great synopsis of how the "EFS world" is structured.

Here is a link to that article in the KnowledgeBase, which itself contains many excellent links.

I particularly like the EFS Glossary, so much so that I included a link to it in my signature block (along with several others) below.

Finally, since you are trying to code some complex indicators, it is very important that you learn JavaScript. EFS only represents some custom functions added to the JavaScript environment, but they still operate and conform to the rules of the environment. It would be worthwhile to invest in a good JavaScript book IMHO. I did and wished I had sooner.

Originally posted by jcm21
            Thanks Steve,
            That was right on the money. I am slowly catching on to how things are organized in this EFS world.

Comment

Working...
            X