Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• display advanced chart in Exchange time

Hi,

Is it possible to display advanced charts in Exchange time rather than the local, and obtain the getHour and getMinute in the efs accordingly?

W

Re: display advanced chart in Exchange time

William
    It is possible starting with eSignal version 10.
    Alex

Originally posted by whammer
    Hi,

Is it possible to display advanced charts in Exchange time rather than the local, and obtain the getHour and getMinute in the efs accordingly?

W

Comment

You do that by going into:
      File -> Preferences -> Date/Time Settings -> Exchange Timezone

right?

Well, it's able to display the timing correctly on the chart , but somehow the values returned by getHour() is still according to local time.

Is this the intended behavior? It's somewhat troublesome to manually offset the hour difference...

thanks.

Comment

buddie
        What version and build are you using?
        As far as I know that issue was present in the earlier builds of version 10.0 but was fixed in build 1086 (or perhaps the version before that). Anyhow based on what I am seeing now using build 1086 both hour() and getHour() are returning the chart time and if this is set to Exchange Time this will be the exchange's time (see the result of a couple of tests in the screenshots enclosed below - note that my computer is set to Eastern US time)
        Alex

Originally posted by buddie
        You do that by going into:
        File -> Preferences -> Date/Time Settings -> Exchange Timezone

right?

Well, it's able to display the timing correctly on the chart , but somehow the values returned by getHour() is still according to local time.

Is this the intended behavior? It's somewhat troublesome to manually offset the hour difference...

thanks.

Comment

Alex, thanks for pointing that out.
          I was infact using ver 10 build 859 (r3). I've updated to r4 (build 1086) and the getHour now return the correct time, just as u demonstrated. Thank again

- buddie -

Comment

buddie
            You are most welcome and thank you for the feedback
            Alex

Originally posted by buddie
            Alex, thanks for pointing that out.
            I was infact using ver 10 build 859 (r3). I've updated to r4 (build 1086) and the getHour now return the correct time, just as u demonstrated. Thank again

- buddie -

Comment

Working...
            X