Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blank tab in volume area when returning data as a string.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blank tab in volume area when returning data as a string.

When I only return data as a string to the cursor window , I also get a second tab in the volume area of the chart created by the EFS which shows no data.

Could someone explain why this is and perhaps point me in the direction of the literature?

Thanks in advance

Re: Blank tab in volume area when returning data as a string.

Patch227
    I am assuming that you are referring to the tab of a stacked study. Converting the values returned by a formula to a string only causes those values to display in the Cursor window without being plotted but it does not stop the formula from creating its own separate pane if it is set as a non-price study. If you don't want the formula to open a separate pane set it to be a priice study.
    If this is not the issue then you may want to post the script and someone will try to help you
    Alex

Originally posted by Patch227
    When I only return data as a string to the cursor window , I also get a second tab in the volume area of the chart created by the EFS which shows no data.

Could someone explain why this is and perhaps point me in the direction of the literature?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Re: Re: Blank tab in volume area when returning data as a string.

Thanks Alex

That explains it well

P

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
      Patch227
      I am assuming that you are referring to the tab of a stacked study. Converting the values returned by a formula to a string only causes those values to display in the Cursor window without being plotted but it does not stop the formula from creating its own separate pane if it is set as a non-price study. If you don't want the formula to open a separate pane set it to be a priice study.
      If this is not the issue then you may want to post the script and someone will try to help you
      Alex

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Blank tab in volume area when returning data as a string.

Patch227
        You are most welcome
        Alex

Originally posted by Patch227
        Thanks Alex

That explains it well

P

Comment

Working...
        X