Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A home made Index?

Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to build an index from a quote window or list. Say that I have in that list three stocks,
    AAPL, AIG and AMD, and I want to perform operation with those three, for example, a weighted average. This would be a new object I suppose.
    I can see that you can program formulas to use with one chart window, but I can't find my way around about accessing things outside that particular environment. Am I missing something?
    Thanks a lot,

Silvia.

Re: A home made Index?

Silvia
    You can access up to 7 external symbols (and/or intervals) in an efs using the sym() function eg close(sym("AAPL")).
    For the complete description and syntax of the function together with examples on how to use it see this article in the EFS KnowledgeBase
    Alex

Originally posted by sil
    Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible to build an index from a quote window or list. Say that I have in that list three stocks,
    AAPL, AIG and AMD, and I want to perform operation with those three, for example, a weighted average. This would be a new object I suppose.
    I can see that you can program formulas to use with one chart window, but I can't find my way around about accessing things outside that particular environment. Am I missing something?
    Thanks a lot,

Silvia.

Comment

Hi Alexis, thanks a lot for your reply!

In a more general note, I am starting to think that I might need to subscribe to the API add-on? For example, if I want to make a scanner, or if I want to system trade. Is there other ways to do this without recurring to the API?
      Thanks a lot again!

Silvia

(edited: I just found about the DLL! I'm still trying to figure out how this enviroment works, but if I understood properly, I could programme in C++ and access eSignal using the DLL object? So I wouldn't need this API interface...? Anyway, if you have some good links to link programming in C++ with eSignal, they will be greatly appreciated )
      Last edited by sil; 01-11-2008, 06:22 AM.

Comment

Silvia
        You are most welcome.
        If you are trying to create a scanner then I don't think that the DLL Object represents a solution in as much as the symbol limits would still be in effect even when using a DLL. As I understand it all the DLL Object really does is process [more efficiently] the raw data that an efs is sending to it by performing those calculations at machine speed. It does not allow you to access the data feed or the components of the eSignal application. You would need to use the eSignal Desktop API in that case. To find out more about that API you may want to review this page on eSignal's site.
        Hope this helps
        Alex

Originally posted by sil
        Hi Alexis, thanks a lot for your reply!

In a more general note, I am starting to think that I might need to subscribe to the API add-on? For example, if I want to make a scanner, or if I want to system trade. Is there other ways to do this without recurring to the API?
        Thanks a lot again!

Silvia

(edited: I just found about the DLL! I'm still trying to figure out how this enviroment works, but if I understood properly, I could programme in C++ and access eSignal using the DLL object? So I wouldn't need this API interface...? Anyway, if you have some good links to link programming in C++ with eSignal, they will be greatly appreciated )

Comment

Working...
        X