Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bid Ask spread between two instruments

Hi,

I would like to display the spread between the Bid price on instrument GBP A0-FX, for example, and Ask price on the instrument QBP #F.

Can that be done?

regards, dejan
    Last edited by COROVICD; 01-14-2008, 08:26 AM.

Re: Bid Ask spread between two instruments

dejan
    In this thread and you can find an example of how to retrieve the Bid or Ask of an external symbol which you can modify to meet your requirements
    Alex

Originally posted by COROVICD
    Hi,

I would like to display the spread between the Bid price on instrument GBP A0-FX, for example, and Ask price on the instrument QBP #F.

Can that be done?

regards, dejan

Comment

It doesn't want to compile. At line 22, here

if(xAsk==null) xAsk = efsInternal("calcAsk",sym(Symbol1));//removed symbol and added parameter

seems to have problem with efsInternal().

Is this a function or formula? What do I need to do to get this working in Spread Tool?

regards,
      dejan
      Last edited by COROVICD; 01-15-2008, 06:42 AM.

Comment

dejan
        efsInternal() is a function and is used to call another function that is included in the same script (in this case the function is called calcAsk). For the description and syntax required by the efsInternal() function see this article in the EFS KnowledgeBase.
        FWIW in my original script line 22 does not correspond to the line of code you posted which suggests that you may have made some changes that are causing the issue. As far as I can see the original script is working fine.
        Alex

It doesn't want to compile. At line 22, here

if(xAsk==null) xAsk = efsInternal("calcAsk",sym(Symbol1));//removed symbol and added parameter

seems to have problem with efsInternal().

Is this a function or formula?

regards,
        dejan

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Somehow problem disappeared.

Can you, please, explain to me what I need to do in order to create new spread symbol based on this function. I tried something, but it didn't work.

How do I call your code from "Spread Symbols Setting"?

Where do I type what, etc?

regards, dejan

Comment

dejan
            The formula does not create a symbol of the spread but uses the efs functions that access the Bid/Ask data to calculate the spread based on the user defined symbols. It is intended for use in an Advanced Chart and not in the Spread Symbol Settings tool. Also you cannot create a spread between Bid and Ask (of the same or different symbols) using that tool.
            Alex

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Somehow problem disappeared.

Can you, please, explain to me what I need to do in order to create new spread symbol based on this function. I tried something, but it didn't work.

How do I call your code from "Spread Symbols Setting"?

Where do I type what, etc?

regards, dejan

Comment

Working...
            X