Script to permanent text

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Script to permanent text

Is there a way that an EFS script can put text to a chart window, where the text becomes a part of the chart window, the same as if when you post a TEXT message on a chart window via the Lines---Text pulldown menu?

The reason I ask is this:
    I have an EFS that is reading a data file that comes from information off Level 2, and is posting text to the chart window that it gets (real time) from that. But every once in a while, during the day, eSignal seems to do some kind of re-set, and I loose all the prior text that was put on the chart, as it re-loads the price data, and my historical text is lost.

JOHN

PS
    I am doing this on a chart of the Dow e-mini YM, for what it's worth.

to my knowledge, there is no way to create Permanent Text on a chart with EFS.

You can, although, create a file read feature that assigns text to the chart in RT or in historical mode. There was an example posted just a few days ago of a client reading trading information from a file and posting information on the chart from this file. It is the same process - read the data into an array (or from a file), and post it to the chart with "draw" functions.
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

JOHN

Comment

Working...
      X