my solution for showing daily data on a smaller interval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my solution for showing daily data on a smaller interval

the attached file is a modification of TodaysDailyBars.efs which will give a low line, high line, and a line at 37.5 and 67.5 percent.

after screwing around with static variables and searching i tried a simpler approach that says the environment is doing a lot of the work already and came up with this. the question i have is why does it work?

for example, consider:

xLow = low(0, dailyBarInterval);
    xHigh = high(0, dailyBarInterval);

if dailyBarInterval is a static object initialized once, you would expect that the 0th something of it will be the same over the life of the program but it isn't.
    Attached Files

it's simple. you're passing the "inv("D")" value in your dailyBarInterval to your high/low functions. This essentially syncs the price data to the DAILY PRICES for any bar you are currently on for any day (assuming you are using a 5 minute chart).

So, as you step thru the price data, the NEW DAILY INFORMATION will be retrieved when the DATE rolls over to a new DATE..

Also, be aware that when you are looking at a 5 minute chart and pull the CURRENTLY DAILY PRICE DATA, you will get the END OF THE DAY DAILY PRICE DATA for any HISTORICAL BAR and RT DAILY PRICE DATA for the CURRENT BAR.
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Working...
    X