Stochastic Oscillator Range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stochastic Oscillator Range

When I use the standard Stochastics STUDY, the entire oscillator range from 0 to 100 is always displayed. It is not dependant on the values of %K and %D.

I have created my own Stochastics FORMULA to mimic the standard study but also displays arrows under certain conditions. With the formula, the oscillator range displayed is now dependant on the values of %K and %D. For example, if the lowest value for %K is 25.42 across the width of the chart, then the oscillator range displayed is between 25 and 100. The oversold line at 20 is not even shown.

Please refer to the attached .gif for a visual example. Both stochastics are set to (14(3),3).

Is there a 'trick' to always displaying the entire oscillator range from 0 to 100 in my formula?

Thank you,
    Phil
    Attached Files

Re: Stochastic Oscillator Range

Phil
    You can use the setStudyMax() and setStudyMin() functions to set the scale to the desired values
    Alex

Originally posted by pjkowalski
    When I use the standard Stochastics STUDY, the entire oscillator range from 0 to 100 is always displayed. It is not dependant on the values of %K and %D.

I have created my own Stochastics FORMULA to mimic the standard study but also displays arrows under certain conditions. With the formula, the oscillator range displayed is now dependant on the values of %K and %D. For example, if the lowest value for %K is 25.42 across the width of the chart, then the oscillator range displayed is between 25 and 100. The oversold line at 20 is not even shown.

Please refer to the attached .gif for a visual example. Both stochastics are set to (14(3),3).

Is there a 'trick' to always displaying the entire oscillator range from 0 to 100 in my formula?

Thank you,
    Phil

Comment

Working...
    X