Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to get last 6 "Ask, Bid, Inside" volume values from plotted chart data?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get last 6 "Ask, Bid, Inside" volume values from plotted chart data?

Hi,

I would like to access the last 6 ask volume, inside volume, and bid volume values so that I can create an average and/or highest high from them.

Then I would compare the above to the currentlast values (with computeonclose(true)).

I know there are no historical values for these but historical values are stored once you use:

"return new Array(nAskVol, nInsideVol, nBidVol);"

Question: How do I access the last n # (i.e. last 6) values for each before they are plotted on the chart with:

so I can do a comparison of the last values with the average/highest high of the last 6 values?

I attached the "BidAskVolume.efs" I found in the file share area.

Thank you in advance.
    PS. my attempts at "nAskVol(-1), etc have failed.

Re: How to get last 6 "Ask, Bid, Inside" volume values from plotted chart data?

Wayne
    If those values are being returned by the script then you can use the ref() function to retrieve prior values (for the syntax and examples see the link to the corresponding article in the EFS KnowledgeBase).
    If instead they are not then see the solutions provided in this thread on a similar topic
    Alex

Originally posted by waynecd
    Hi,

I would like to access the last 6 ask volume, inside volume, and bid volume values so that I can create an average and/or highest high from them.

Then I would compare the above to the currentlast values (with computeonclose(true)).

I know there are no historical values for these but historical values are stored once you use:

Question: How do I access the last n # (i.e. last 6) values for each before they are plotted on the chart with:

so I can do a comparison of the last values with the average/highest high of the last 6 values?

I attached the "BidAskVolume.efs" I found in the file share area.

Thank you in advance.
    PS. my attempts at "nAskVol(-1), etc have failed.

Comment

Thank you Alex.

Comment

Wayne
        My pleasure
        Alex

Originally posted by waynecd
        Thank you Alex.

Comment

Working...
        X