Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• efs editor - select word parse error?

Hi
    When I double click a word in the efs editor I see the adjoining punctuation is also selected.

And when I use the Search and Replace and select "Whole word" to replace a word, any instance of the word that touches punctuation is not replaced.

10r4

This didn't use to be like that, did it?

-

Hello Dave,

Thank you for reporting. You are correct. I have confirmed that the behavior you've described has changed. I've reported this to our developers.

The solution for the time being is to not use the Whole word option when doing a search and replace.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Thanks Jason
      Unfortunately deselecting "Whole Word" is not really a solution in most cases (and only applies to searching rather than general editing), so a quick fix is hoped for.

Perhaps you could also ask the developers to email the users when new releases are available, or add an auto-detect feature in eSignal, a common feature in sw now as I'm sure you are aware.

Dave

Comment

Dave,

You might try using a different editor for a while to help resolve this issue while esignal fixes it. I use CODEPAD for other things and when I need to do some other coding. It has a decent search/replace feature.

Try going to www.download.com and look for code editors or text editors.
        Brad Matheny
        eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Thanks, I'll have a look, but, Jason, - this won't do any EFS keyword recognition & parameters I assume, so please can we have a fix.

Comment

You are correct. I have confirmed that the behavior you've described has changed. I've reported this to our developers
            Hm 10.1.1257 still has this bug. It seems to me that if any of your internal developers and testers used the EFS editor they would by now have got pissed enough to walk round to the app developers and demand that this stupid little annoying bug gets fixed.

That fact that it hasn't does not suggest that much efs has been written to test the new version.

Comment

Dave,

I'm not sure if your post will help anything.

Regardless, there are other editors out there that you can use. I've been using an alternate editor (with efs keywords) for years, not for the reason you were concerned with, but simply because I prefer it.

Search the forum for text* AND editor* or scite*, there are a number of posts on the subject.

Originally posted by Dave180
              Hm 10.1.1257 still has this bug. It seems to me that if any of your internal developers and testers used the EFS editor they would by now have got pissed enough to walk round to the app developers and demand that this stupid little annoying bug gets fixed.

That fact that it hasn't does not suggest that much efs has been written to test the new version.

Comment

Here we are six months on and this bug is still unfixed.

Comment

Dave180
                  To my knowledge this is already fixed in the version that is currently in public beta(*)
                  Alex

(*) Edit after post: 10.2 is now the official release

Originally posted by Dave180
                  Here we are six months on and this bug is still unfixed.

Comment

Working...
                  X