Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do DLLs Still Work? Can't Load DLL File

Hi,

I've tried adding DLL to my efs study as per the documentation.
    https://kb.esignal.com/display/2/ind...99410820007324
    I created a few simple C++ DLLs in Visual Studio and exported them to a DLL. I added the DLL to the FunctionLibrary folder and appended x64 to the file name, (ex samplex64.dll).

When I try and load the DLL with
    PHP Code:
    var = new DLL"sample.DLL"); 
    I'm getting the error, Function 'DLL': Failed to load 'sample.DLL': file not found. I've even just create a blank file with x64 at the end and dll extension and placed it inside FunctionLibrary and still get the could not be found error message.

Hello ewdeg98,

I’ve never used any dynamic link library files in any programs before, but out of curiosity I decided to try to put one of the dll’s that eSignal has in its FunctionLibrary folder as a global variable into one of my programs to see if it would compile and it did…”No Syntax Errors”. You probably have the same file on your computer, “vtLibraryx64.dll”. All I did was to put the following in the top of my program as a global variable and it compiled ok: “var MyDLL = new DLL("vtLibrary.dll");”, so I guess I don’t understand why you’re having the issue that you are. I’d like to suggest that you try to do what I did with one of the “dll” files in eSignal’s FunctionLibrary folder so as to see if you get the same error message as you did with your file.

On a final thought, please note that all of the “.dll” files in eSignal’s folder have the extension “.dll” appended to them, does your “.dll” file have “.dll” appended to the name of the file in the FunctionLibrary folder? If you can get eSignal’s “.dll” files to work and your “.dll” file has the proper name, then maybe there’s something you need in your “.dll” file for it to be recognized as a “.dll” file? Like I said at the outset, I’m not familiar with using “.dll” files in EFS programs.

Out of curiosity, let me know how the above turns out.

LetUsLearn

Comment

Working...
    X