How to round moving averages and chart indicators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to round moving averages and chart indicators

Being new to eSignal and EFS I would like to ask for help in how to have the values returned for a moving average or price indicator rounded to the nearest whole number. For example, how can I alter the KeltnerEma.efs study to return a whole number as opposed to 5 decimal places. I also would like to do the same with the KeltnerArEmaAdj.efs filed attached. Would appreciate any help in modifying the script for these studies. Many thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by asiatrader1; 04-17-2008, 01:20 AM.

Try this,

Read the comments on modifications made within the script and apply them to your other script.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks waynecd. Appreciate your help with this. Found that it rounded by 2 decimal places so that a number of 1234.56789 became 1234.567. What really became clear was that apparently as a result of the way eSignal must format the price axis the moving average becomes much more jagged when rounding to a whole number. The contract I follow (ET) moves in whole ticks as opposed to fractions of.
      Looks like it is probably best to leave things as they are when it comes to plotting moving averages on this contract. Might be better just to stop having their values displayed in the price axis at all. Will work on that next. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Working...
      X