Help with CCI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with CCI

I am trying to match the numbers of a CCI Study between eSignal and Ensign Software on intraday charts.

The default eSignal data is my standard for matching.

The following data is configurable in Ensign, but I have no idea how (or if) this data is employed by eSignal in the creation of their study:

What is the average and is it simple, exponential??
    Is there a multiplier?
    What is the data point formula?

I would be EXTREMELY GRATEFUL to anyone who can help me solve this.

Thank you.

Blaine Lentz

Re: Help with CCI

Blaine
    You can find the complete logic used by eSignal to calculate the CCI study in the CCI.efs which is installed by eSignal in the Library subfolder of the Formulas folder (you can view the formula using the EFS Editor)
    To answer your questions the CCI is calculated using a simple moving average, a multiplier of 0.015 and by default the Close (ie Last)
    Alex

Originally posted by Blaine
    I am trying to match the numbers of a CCI Study between eSignal and Ensign Software on intraday charts.

The default eSignal data is my standard for matching.

The following data is configurable in Ensign, but I have no idea how (or if) this data is employed by eSignal in the creation of their study:

What is the average and is it simple, exponential??
    Is there a multiplier?
    What is the data point formula?

I would be EXTREMELY GRATEFUL to anyone who can help me solve this.

Thank you.

Blaine Lentz

Comment

Help with CCI

Alex,

Thank you, but this is not working. When I use a multiplier of 0.015, it just flat-lines the Ensign study. Also, you mention a simple moving average but you don't mention what is is.

Thank you for all help.

Blaine

Comment

Re: Help with CCI

Blaine
        As I said in my previous reply you can find the complete EFS logic in the CCI.efs file.
        If you are having issues with the Ensign formula I would suggest contacting the support for that program as this forum is intended for EFS only
        Alex

Originally posted by Blaine
        Alex,

Thank you, but this is not working. When I use a multiplier of 0.015, it just flat-lines the Ensign study. Also, you mention a simple moving average but you don't mention what is is.

Thank you for all help.

Blaine

Comment

Working...
        X