No announcement yet.

Any get methods for functionparameters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any get methods for functionparameters?

Are there any getXXX methods available for the FunctionParameter object? Currently we are forced to save the variables set in FunctionParameter to a global variable if we want to use those variables in functions other than main. When you have a large number of FunctionParameter's being used, it would make life easier (and code less code) if we could just query the FunctionParameter object.

If this doesn't exist, it is a feature I would like to see added...it should be very trivial to code.

Thanks,

Garth
    Garth

Hi Garth,

Yes, this is possible, at least indirectly. You have to use the arguments property of the main function as follows:

main.arguments[0] - the first one
    main.arguments[1] - the second one, etc...

Look here for my JavaScript references and links file and search it for a link to argument functionality. This link lays out the arguments property associated with all functions and it also identifies its associated properties.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by ; 04-26-2008, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Thanks Steve,

If I understood this correctly, it almost does what I need, in that I can get the value of the arguments, but I would also need the names to do what I need. Unless I am missing it, there doesn't appear to be a way to get the name as well.

Garth
      Garth

Comment

Working...
      X