price bar colour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• price bar colour

hi, i've read all i can find and i am stuck! everybody talks about changing the colour of a price bar. That's easy. How about finding the colour of a price bar.

i've got an indicator which changes colour of price bars and i would like to back test this indicator by writing another formula which checks the colour of the price bars and according to the colour it enters or exits trades.

please let me know if you can crack this...

all the best
    tolga

If you want to know the color of a bar just set a var BarColor = "red" when you set the bar color red.

Then check to see if BarColor=="red" for your entry and/or exits.

Sounds too simple, so I probably missed something.

Comment

colour test

hi David, Thanks for your reply!!

unfortunately you are right. you missed a small detail. i have no control over this other indicator which changes the bar colours automatically. i am supposed to buy when it changes its colour to green and i'll sell when it's red. i don't have access to its coding so i can't set variables in the indicator code.

i need to write a formula which will see what colour the price bar is and then it will help me back test this indicator.

please let me know if you know how to work around this.

many thanks

tolga

Comment

I second your wish, tolga.
        I also wish there were some functions to query chart colors.
        It seems quite primitive that you can set colors, but not query them. This capability would enable to create "color-independent" formulas, i.e. a formula would be able to "adjust" to a particular user's colors.

Comment

Hello tolga,

Your request to access the color of a price bar isn't possible currently. I will forward a request for this ability to our senior developers.
          Jason K.
          Project Manager
          eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
          JavaScript for EFS Video Series
          EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
          EFS Glossary
          Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
          X